Turkey Cutlets with Cranberry-Pear Sauce
Click here for the print-ready version
1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup water
1 pear, peeled, cored and chopped
12 packets NatraTaste Blue
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
4 turkey cutlets, about 1 pound
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. In a small saucepan, combine cranberries and water. Bring to boiling over medium heat; cook 7-8 minutes until berries have popped and sauce is beginning to become syrupy. Remove from heat and stir in chopped pear and NatraTaste Blue. Set aside to cool.
1. In a shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk together the egg white with 1 tablespoon water.
2. On a piece of waxed paper, combine the bread crumbs, basil, salt and pepper. Dip each turkey cutlet in egg white and then in the crumb mixture.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the cutlets in one layer; cook 5 minutes. Turn the cutlets and cook 5 to 6 minutes longer until golden brown and cooked through.
4. Serve immediately with the Cranberry-Pear Sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Per Serving (1 cutlet with 1/2 cup sauce): 260 calories, 37 g protein, 23 mg carbohydrate, 3 g fat, 94 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 meat exchanges, 1-1/2 fruit exchanges
Tip: The sauce may be made ahead and kept refrigerated for up to one week.
back to list